17 March 2009

Blessed Patrick, pray for us

As today is the Feast Day of Blessed Patrick, missionary bishop to Ireland, I thought I would share a photo I took while at Slemish, Northern Ireland. Slemish is the place where Patrick, as a young slave, tended the sheep. The photograph is of sheep on the very spot where Patrick tended the flock. If you click on the photo, you will be able to view it at wall paper size. Feel free to save it and use it.

There is speculation that Patrick is fictions and some scholars believe he is a conglomeration of three different people named Patrick. I'm not sure what I believe. But for that brief afternoon, the shepherd boy was a real person to me.


Oh, and a pox on the Hibernia Organization that refuses to let GLBT of Irish ancestry march in the New York Parade.