23 November 2008

Prayers for JCF's friend, Cath and Fred's friend, Jerry

UPDATE 16 December:

Positive News
:

I had my six-week follow-up with the oncologist today and the news was positive: My lab results are all within normal limits and the chest X-Ray showed no tumor growth or other progression. My lungs look pretty clear otherwise.

Relieved and happy? Yes, for sure.

I'll have another follow-up visit, labs, and CT scan in six weeks.

Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, ceremonies, and everything. YOU are POWERFUL Women and Men and I am so grateful to have you on my side for this.



JCF's friend, Cath, has just received a diagnosis of Stage 4 non-small cell lung cancer, NSCLC (adenocarcinoma). "Treatable, not curable."


Cath is a lifelong NON-smoker (who's never been much around smokers).

Cath, like so many other reasonable people, is incredibly alienated from the Roman Catholicism of her upbringing. As a fan of Xena, the Warrior, Cath says whe will invision the Warrior Princess and Battling Bard (that's Xena and Gabrielle) going on the attack against the cancer, as she begins chemo.

Cath has also been a very strong influence in JCF's life for many reasons.

Please remember Cath in your prayers, my friend. Pray for her health and for her faith, too.

Fred asks us to pray for his friend, Jerry.

Jerry has been diagnosed with lung cancer -- a 30 millimeter spot on his lungs. This after her fought off esophagial(sp?) cancer. Had his esophagus removed and his stomach, at least a portion, was converted into an esophagus. He is my best friend and has been through so very much. His excellent health going into this whole mess is what has kept him going -- along with an outlook that won't give up.