Bishop Robinson will be speaking in a number of unofficial venues including two evening events sponsored by The Episcopal Church’s bishops (well, most of them, any road). Bishop Robinson will be blogging from Lambeth. You may read his Canterbury Tales from the Fringe here.
Additionally, he will be posting a daily video blog for Claiming the Blessing. The blog is called The Lambeth Gene Pool. I like that! You will be able to view the video blog here.
The following is a post by +Robinson:
First, pray for the Lambeth Conference of Bishops, the Anglican Communion and the Archbishop of Canterbury, that the bonds of affection that bind us together might be strengthened and that God's will might be discerned as we struggle to be the Church in the 21st century. Pray especially for the Episcopal Church's bishops attending the Lambeth Conference, that we might greet our brother and sister bishops with grace and hospitality and be ready to learn what they have to teach us.
Then, please pray for me. Because the Archbishop of Canterbury chose to exclude me from the Lambeth Conference, I will need to be intentional about creating opportunities for interacting with bishops and spouses from around the Anglican Communion. Pray that God might open up those opportunities for conversation and open my heart for mutual learning.
Because of controversy surrounding my attendance, and the incessant press coverage which will undoubtedly insert itself, pray that God might keep me grounded in the Spirit of love, forgiveness and compassion.
Because of threats against my life that have already begun, pray that God might keep me (and those who have been hired to protect me) safe, and return me home to you.
During this whole time, I'll be praying with the Franciscan brothers and sisters at Greyfriars, in
SPECIFIC DATES ON WHICH TO PRAY:
· Thursday, July 10: I will be speaking at the Modern Churchperson's Union conference (along with former Presiding Bishop Frank Griswold, the Primate of Wales, and several African bishops).
· Sunday, July 13: I will be preaching at St. Mary's, Putney (just across the Thames from
· Monday, July 14: British premiere of the documentary "For the Bible Tells Me So," in Queen Elizabeth Hall, at the South Bank Centre for the Arts. I will be appearing with Daniel Karslake, the filmmaker, and Shakespearean actor (and Lord of the Rings star) Sir Ian McKellen. This event will be a fund-raiser for AIDS work in
· Wednesdays, July 23 and 30: American bishops will be hosting two "Come meet our brother bishop Gene" evenings, open only to bishops and spouses. I will be "introduced" by several clergy and lay leaders from NH in a little DVD we've made for the event. Then I'll have a chance to engage bishops from around the Communion and tell them about the work of the Gospel here in NH.
· August 3-6, I'll be preaching and speaking in Glasgow and