10 July 2009

He knows when the sparrow falls

Tonight I'm feeling discouraged for several reasons. I could not attend GC for only the second time since 1979; I missed the Jakeite reunion; I lost my job today; I am convinced that the bishops will sell this church to the lowest common bigot in the communion.

When we've been kicked enough it's difficult to remember that God knows when the sparrow falls and he cares about us. It's difficult to forget about bigot foreign and domestic bishops and remember that we are the church - all of us together.

When I'm really down, I turn to something from my childhood - a song I "grew up on." And I turn to one of the greatest singers who's ever lived. I hope you enjoy this clip and that it makes you feel better about GC09.

This is for Lisa, too - Keep your faith, my friend.