According to Mike Collins, director of digital media,
The Media Hub is a pioneering way to keep track of all the actions, discussions, and ministry that happens at General Convention. It’s a way of connecting that just hasn’t been done before.What can viewers expect from the Media Hub? According to the developers:
This is the first time people in the pews can follow along from home or work,” Collins said. “It's all on the Media Hub.
- Full multimedia coverage of The Episcopal Church's 76th General Convention.
- Live video streams plus video on demand.
- Available in English with select programs in Spanish.
- Following General Convention on Twitter at @gcmediahub09. Tweeting about GC? Hash: #gc09.
- News stream, daily calendar, legislative tracker, live chat, flickr feed and more!
According to Collins,
Having produced coverage from previous General Conventions and last summer’s Lambeth Conference, I saw that people were going to multiple web sites for information.The Media Hub concept was developed by Collins, and the Episcopal Church web development team built the site: senior web developer Wesley Bliss, developer Gregory McQuillan and designer/front end developer Chris Clement.
We wanted to create something that had everything we could think of that someone else might use to follow along.
We're providing a lot of coverage in real time. That's legislation, forums, hearings...we aren't editing. This is live as it happens.
This is truly and exciting addition to the convention.